Use Moonlight to hire engineers and designers quickly. We recommend hiring potential candidates as a contractor first, and then hiring full-time once you've had time to test out a working relationship.
How it works:
- Search for contractors in the app to hire directly, or post a job to get proposals from qualified candidates.
- Select who you want to hire and start working right away
- Track progress and pay invoices weekly.
- When you're ready to hire the developer full-time, send an offer directly from their profile. Moonlight charges a flat fee of $5,000.
Benefits of contract-to-hire:
- Trial period: Both you and the contractor have time to make sure it's a good fit. Learn how to work together and see results before making a decision.
- Hire quickly: Developers and designers on Moonlight are specialized, so there's little ramp-up time to start working on your product. You'll get work done right away, instead of waiting months for a full-time hire.
- Try out multiple candidates: Hire several candidates as contractors and choose the person who is the best fit for your team.
- No more coding test: Instead of sending candidates home with a test, just hire them to work on your code. You get a real-world example of how they work, and they get compensated for their time.