Looking for new work right now? Try broadcasting your availability to companies on Moonlight!
How broadcasts work
Write a detailed broadcast of what kind of work you’re looking for and then submit it to the Moonlight team for review. Once your broadcast is reviewed and approved, it will be emailed to all the companies on Moonlight that match your skills letting them know you’re open to new work.
Your broadcast will also show up at the top of your profile for 30 days (pictured at the bottom of this help article).
Writing a great broadcast
Think of your broadcast as a modern take on the cover letter. It’s your chance to share accomplishments and more details about your work style, skills, and experience that someone might not know from reading just your profile or resume.
Your broadcast should include your answers to these questions:
- What kind of role are you looking for?
- What kind of work are you good at doing/what will you bring to the team?
- What have you accomplished recently?
To make your broadcast stand out, be sure to:
- Be specific - Help companies understand your talents by including details of the skills and experience you can bring to the team. This should supplement the information already on your profile.
- Share your accomplishments - In addition to sharing what you have worked on, explain how your work benefited the team and company. Include any metrics of increased performance, adoption or other relevant achievements.
- Show your personality - Remember to share information about what kind of work and projects excite you. It will help you connect with future employers.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to be reviewed and approved?
Broadcasts are usually reviewed by our team within 24 hours Monday-Friday.
I received an email requesting more information. What am I missing?
The most common reason is the broadcast doesn’t contain enough detail or is an exact copy of the other information on the profile. We recommend spending some time adding in more detail.
If you need help, just ask our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will the broadcast show up on my profile?
Your broadcast will show up at the top of your Moonlight profile for 30 days.
How can a company contact me about my broadcast?
Companies that view your broadcast and want to talk will reach out to your via Moonlight chat (or Slack if you’ve connected to it). You’ll also get an email from Moonlight letting you know that you have a new chat message.
What if I don’t hear from a company about my broadcast?
Maybe the companies who received your broadcast weren’t ready to hire for your skills at that moment. Don’t worry, you can post a new broadcast in 30 days, when the timing might be better.
How is my broadcast displayed on my profile?
You can see how your broadcast appears to employers in the screenshot below.