Moonlight is a marketplace for companies to hire remote software developers and designers. Candidates apply to work through the platform, and companies can hire them based on skills and experience.
How Moonlight works for companies
- Sign up free to get access to all the developers on Moonlight.
- Search contractors: search developers by skill to hire directly. Send them a proposal, and if they accept the work can start immediately.
- Post a job: Write up a project spec and get proposals within a day. You choose who you want to work with based on proposals, and work can start as soon as you select a person to work with.
- Work week: Track progress, hours, and payments on the project dashboard.
- Weekly invoicing: Each Monday, you can approve or deny invoices based on the work completed. You can give feedback directly to the developer.
- Collaboration: Message with the developer, and invite your entire team to collaborate on the project dashboard.
- No risk: You can cancel a project or switch developers at any time.
- Price: You pay the hourly rate from the developer's profile. There are no additional fees.
How Moonlight works for developers
- Apply as a developer or designer to get started. Once your profile is approved, you are eligible to start working right away.
- Project matches: You'll get an email each time we have a project that matches closely with the skills listed on your profile. If you're available and interested, you can submit a proposal to work on the project. You'll get an email once the client decides whether they want to work with you or not.
- Direct hire: Clients can hire you directly through your profile. If someone wants to hire you, you'll get an email to accept the job.
- Weekly payments: Track your hours, give feedback, and manage time using the project dashboard. You'll get paid weekly based on the hours you log.
- Taxes and legal: Moonlight pays you weekly through your Stripe account. You'll get tax forms from Stripe at the end of the year. Contracts are managed through the Moonlight Terms of Service, so you know you'll get paid and your legal bases are covered.